3 Healthy Fruit Desserts
By Nicole Kiley, MSc, RD
3 cups fresh strawberries
• Preheat oven to 210 degrees F.
• Wash and slice stems off of strawberries. Pat dry with towel.
• Line baking sheet with parchment paper and spread out strawberries evenly.
• Bake for 3 hours until chewy like candy.
Mango Lime Sorbet with Coconut Flakes & Honey
Serves 4 to 5
2 ripe mangoes (or 2 lbs. frozen mango)
2 Tbsp. unsweetened coconut flakes
1 small lime, quartered
Honey or agave for drizzling
• Peel the mangoes, separate from pit and cut into chunks.
• Arrange chunks in single layer on baking sheet and cover with plastic wrap.
• Freeze the mango until solid, at least 4 hours.
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
• Add coconut to baking sheet and bake for 4 minutes until golden and toasted; toss halfway through.
• Add frozen mango to food processor with 1/3 cup hot water and process mango until completely smooth.
• Turn the processor off and stir with a wooden spoon or spatula.
• Transfer the sorbet to 4 serving bowls and squeeze a quarter of fresh lime over each.
• Sprinkle with coconut flakes and top with drizzled honey.
Orange Pistachio Napoleons
4 medium navel oranges
1 cup Greek yogurt
2 Tbsp. honey
1 tsp. water
¼ cup shelled raw pistachios
• Cut off ~1 inch from both ends of all oranges. Stand 1 orange cut-side down on cutting board. Working from top to bottom, cut away the peel.
• Cut the orange into 3 rounds, each about ¾ inch thick, transferring the rounds to a medium bowl and you work. Repeat with remaining oranges.
• Squeeze the juice from the reserved orange ends into a small saucepan.
• Add the honey and the remaining juice from your cutting board and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil, stirring occasionally, until syrupy, roughly 6 minutes.
• Let syrup cool for 25 minutes.
• While syrup cooling, heat a small skillet over medium heat, add the pistachios and cook, tossing frequently until fragrant and toasted, about 4 minutes. Let cool, then chop.
• Whisk together the yogurt, half the syrup and the water in a medium bowl.
• In each serving bowl (4), layer 3 orange slices with 1 Tbsp. of yogurt mixture, beginning with orange and ending with yogurt.
• Drizzle the remaining orange syrup over the tops and sprinkle with pistachios before serving.
Nicole is the Head Registered Dietitian at The Dolce Diet. She believes that long-term health is achieved through an individualized approach to nutrition that is not only evidence-based, but also sustainable and enjoyable. Serving both our private clients and professional athletes, Nicole aims to empower individuals with confidence and education, fully equipping them to reach and maintain their health goals.